It Starts with JESUS
One must be “in” Christ before he or she can be a part of God’s family and a covenant member of this local expression of faith —Water’s Edge Community Church (Gal. 2:20). To be in Christ means to be a part of God’s eternal family, which is made possible by His Spirit, when one responds to the grace of God in repentance of sin, and through faith in a saving relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord (Jn. 3:1-18; 6:44; 17:3; 20:31; Acts 2:37-39).
A biblical testimony of being in Christ (born again) will be expressed through a joyful submission to New Testament baptism by immersion (Matt. 28:19; Rom. 6:4). Additional Christ-centered evidence necessary for covenanting with this local body includes the following: an active pursuit of the Spirit-filled life in Christ (Eph. 5:15-21; Gal. 5:22-26), and an active submission, participation, and servant attitude to the Christ-centered mission and vision of Water’s Edge Community Church.
The Covenant Process
- Please contact an elder or staff member if you sense God leading you to covenant with Water’s Edge Community Church.
- Sign up & attend a Water’s Edge Covenant Class.
- Review, pray over, and complete the Water’s Edge covenant.
- Upon receipt, examination, and acceptance of your covenant promise, in addition to three months of faithful participation with the body, you will be welcomed into the church family of Water’s Edge as a covenant partner of this local expression of Christ.
- Servant Leadership– spiritual leadership positions within the fellowship will require a minimum of six months active covenant participation (length of covenant relationship does not determine spiritual preparedness for leadership service).
What if I’m NOT Ready?
- Continue to attend and participate in the ministries of Water’s Edge as God leads you. Everyone is always welcome!
- Continue to pray for God’s leading and timing about covenanting with this local expression of Christ.
Covenant Class Overview
- When?– Covenant classes will be scheduled periodically based on need with a desired minimum scheduling of once every 3 months. Classes will typically be offered on Saturday mornings or Sunday afternoons.
- Time?– The length of the covenant class is 3 hours. The class will consist of two sessions of 1 hour and 20 minutes with a break between sessions.
- What if I have more questions?– Elders will be available to schedule more time when needed to answer / discuss any further questions concerning the covenant relationship